In this article, we will explain what is an XML feed, how to set it up, what are the required fields and what is the process from creating the XML until the campaign's deployment.
What is the XML feed?
Our XML feed is a user-friendly interface between your job ad database and the Wonderkind platform. With the XML Feed the job ads are automatically entered into the Wonderkind platform and appear in our product where you just have to check if everything is mapped accordingly. The following four steps will give you a more detailed overview.
- It’s only possible to set a specific budget per job function for automatic selection. This can be edited in the draft campaign.
- XML works for all channels and combinations
Setup XML integration
The fields below are split into mandatory and optional fields. Mandatory fields are required for the XML feature to be successfully integrated. Optional fields are not needed for the core functionality to work. The XML will be integrated by our development team.
- Please be aware that all jobs in the XML will be posted on Wonderkind.
- The XML doesn't deactivate campaigns when it's removed from the XML.
- Job title
- Reference number
- (Landing page) URL
- Start + end date
- Package ID
- Description (used for LeadForm templates)
- Custom Template ID
- Campaign status
When making use of the XML feature, templates need to be created. These templates are based on the job functions as listed by Wonderkind. In the template, you can choose the Facebook Page, runtime, budget, and content (visual, ads, and text).
By making use of dynamic tagging in the text, it’s possible to create dynamic job ads while doing this automatically.
If you have created custom templates in your account, you can make use of them by integrating the custom template ID into your XML. Please note that if you want to make use of both the custom templates and the packages, the leading variables for budget and runtime, are coming from the packages.
The XML feed will be read out once every hour. Based on the field a draft campaign will be created with:
- The correct job targeting profile is attached to the campaign.
- Based on our job profile to job function mapping the right template will be selected.
- When making use of dynamic tagging, the job title, location and/or company will be automatically inserted in the ad copy.
- A workspace will be created or the campaign will be attached to the workspace.
- If you wish to deactivate a campaign via XML, you can change the status from 'active' to 'inactive'. Please note that changing the campaign status from 'active' to 'inactive' is a one-way and one-time action!
The campaigns are created in Launch with the status 'To Approve'. Once the drafts are created they need to be approved by your campaign management team. Here they can change everything that’s part of the campaign, such as targeting profile, images, templates, budgets, text etc. However ideally they can approve the campaign straight away so it can go live!